8.31.2011

Where are my Tic-Tac's!!!

I shouldn't have to tell you what movie that incredible line is from, but I will anyway. It's from one of my all-time favorites, You'ev Got Mail, during the scene when Tom Hanks and Parker Posey get stuck on the elevator. I bring it up, because I had my own little similar experience, with someone who would be a kindred spirit to Parker Posey's formiddable character. There I was, going down to grab some lunch when the elevator gave a little lurch and made a odd groan. I looked at the only other patron in there with me, a man in his 40's or 50's from one of the law offices upstairs, who immediately revealed himself as a loud, type-A from Jersey and subsequently starting ringing the emergency bell and yelling through the little intercom thing at whoever would listen. We were only in there for about a half hour, an interesting half hour to be sure, but certainly not a harrowing tell of claustrophobia or panic. I guess I can just chalk-it-up to another new experience.

4 comments:

Ali said...

Omgosh, that's my very favorite movie in the whole world. I can't believe you were stuck in an elevator with that man! That's crazy funny.

Kat said...

hahaha that is awesome. you are just having all sorts of new adventures over there, aren't you- earthquake, hurricane, stuck in an elevator...whats next ho?

Lacey said...

oh my gosh linds, you are just having one new experience after another, like what you see in the movies. maybe there is some reality in those movies after all. they just don't happen in small cities. :) love the quote btw

Kevin, Lani, Connor and Crew said...

Love it! I want to watch that show.