10.05.2011

Details


One of my favorite characteristics of our new city, and the East Coast in general, is the charm. Everywhere you look there are gorgeous architectural details, hints of some noble history, and a story waiting to be told.

On Sunday, between sessions of conference, Brody and I took a walk to our landlord's to pay our October rent and I couldn't help but snap pictures of all the beautiful buildings and some details along the way. All with just my phone of course, but still. All I want to do these days is walk around our neighborhood.
Enjoy some more pictures of our life for the last week or so...

Colorful row houses and a seriously beautiful palladian window/french door combo...

some kind of rally/protest at Dupont, and the South Dupont Metro escalator. It's no fun when it stops working...



there are embassy's all over our neighborhood. I'm trying to get better at learning all the different flags

I'm embarrassed to say I can't remember what flag this is, but they are right on trend with that ikat on their flag!

The Mason temple (yes from that Dan Brown book) is smack dab in the middle of a residential area (and I made Brody pose for me like a tourist, he must really love me)

Swann street, apparently it's a pretty big deal if you live on Swann street.... why I'm not so sure, just one of those things I guess. I can't wait for the leaves to start changing.

the beautiful sky above Connecticut Ave before a storm

4 comments:

Kat said...

I am seriously jealous of your life. Why do I have to walk down the ugly streets of provo...

olivia.beso said...

Great pictures! Really get a feel for the city! Thank you for entering the Beso Win an Iconic Trench Giveaway! Good luck – xoxo.
http://www.beso.com/contest-burberry-trenchcoat-sweepstakes

Lacey said...

don't you love iphones, they are the best. your pictures are amazing and i need to get out there asap!

Lani said...

So pretty or really I should say charming. I love love love all the history associated with the East. Thanks for sharing some beautiful sights.