10.11.2011

Pretty Georgetown


Saturday was beautiful! It was sunny, not a cloud in the sky, and about 75 degrees! Finally! So Brody and I decided to talk a nice walk to the Georgetown DMV (it's in a mall, how weird is that?) and just grit our teeth, bring some anti-bacterial gel, and get our license renewals over with.

Little did we know that the DMV decided that taking Monday off for Columbus day wasn't enough, and they decided they needed the Saturday before too. Really?!?! So yet again, we weren't able to renew our licenses. Third times a charm? We're keeping our fingers crossed for next weekend.

this is us posing as nerdily and ugly as possible in a mirror at the DMV mall
At least Georgetown was as charming and pretty as I thought it would be.

just the local bank in a super old, awesome, gold-domed building

the couple behind me could be posing for an ad...

It's weird being here because you never seem to see more than 100 ft in front of you, I'm used to sprawling valleys where you can see for miles. M street was the farthest I could see in a while (unless you go to the national mall)

Brody waiting for the metro before church / heading out for some groceries

some of the leaves are starting to change, eek! so excited! / me posing awkwardly in front of a pretty mural by our apt.

2 comments:

Lacey said...

hello that bank looks like Gringotts! how fun and beautiful. get me out there!

Ali said...

I'm obsessed with Georgetown! So charming. And you are so darling --- you're not awkward at all!