10.10.2011

Sad story....hopefully it will have a happy ending


One of the best little pleasures in life is getting something in the mail other than bills or junk. A hand-written card or box with the trademark Amazon smile can just make your day right? Well, imagine my delight when the purse I recently purchased a from ebay (I've decided it's the best way to buy genuine leather without paying a ridiculous premium), came much sooner than expected. So like a child waiting impatiently for their siblings to get up on Christmas morning, I drummed my fingernails on my desk all day at work and stole countless glances inside my box as I waited to take my lovely little package home and open it (it's sad what makes you excited at work.)

Finally, at six o'clock I hurried home to open my package. With a whiff of real leather, I ran my fingers along the buttery-soft bag and excitedly started to transfer all my things from my old purse. As I prepared to pile all of my loose change into one of the interior zip pockets, my finger's closed around what I had thought would be a coin, but turned out to be a gold ring.

I examined it closer and my heart fell as I read an inscription on the inside which gave a date, and a tender message of "I love you" how sad is that?!


Immediately I ran over to my computer and emailed the seller asking her the best way to get the ring back to owner (I can't imagine my heartbreak if either Brody or myself lost our wedding rings), but as I read her reply, my heart sunk a little lower as she explained that she buys her bags in bulk and had no way of knowing who the owner could be. Blerg.

So....on to plan B....hmmmm......what should I do?



2 comments:

Lacey said...

oh man linds, sad, so what is the date? i wouldn't know what to do either.

Ali said...

That's the saddest story ever. Where IS Oprah!?