11.04.2011

Fantasyland Friday - The Powder Room


Don't forget to set your clocks back an hour Saturday night!

I think in fantasyland, I will add an extra hour of sleep every weekend... why not right? So back to the dream house, we continue through the foyer and find the main floor powder room on the right in a small hallway leading to the kitchen and great room (those will come later though).

The fun thing about a small powder room is you can kind of indulge in a little out-of-the-box fun. It's so small and contained that you could do something a little out of your norm. For me, that might be wallpaper... it's just one of those trends I just can't fully get on board with in large quantities regardless of how beautiful it is. Perhaps it's my 'yellow' personality, but I think I would get sick of that much pattern in a normal-sized room real quick. But that's the beauty of the powder room. It's so small that you could easily change it out without much effort. It's also the only bathroom I would ever consider doing a pedestal sink (I need my storage). As for permanant fixtures like tile, I am always a strict natural stone/neautral color girl and I love the idea of repurposing a dresser or console to add a sense of history and keep things from looking cookie-cutter or mass produced.







No comments: