11.07.2011

Some More Random Thoughts

And now......deep thoughts:

Airlines are just the worst. I still feel a little sick to my stomach at how much it's costing us to fly home for Christmas. And then they charge baggage fees on any checked luggage (except Southwest). I can't help but feel like there is some kind of trust/monopoly laws being broken by the airlines, I really can't.

I don't mean to make a total generalization, but I don't understand people who like Olive Garden as an italian restaurant. It's just not. I'm sorry. I've said it before and I'll say it again, when they don't even have pesto on the menu....they are not an Italian restaurant. Period. (And this goes for most other big chain restaurants.)

I cringe, CRINGE at some of the stuff on Pinterest that people like. I know it's mean, but an ugly font immediately counters any inspiration one might have drawn from a quote. And honestly? Honestly. I just pity this girl's poor husband...

While we are on the subject of Pinterest, am I the only person that gets really irked by the total martyr/vain quotes like this? You may as well just pin something that says "It's so hard being a better person than most of the people I know" Anyone truly selfless would never ever actually think this, let alone proclaim it online.

Okay now that I've gotten all that negativity off my chest, let's talk about some goodness.

Can I just say how amazing it is to actually enjoy a 'fall' season?! The leaves here are really starting to get vibrant and I'm loving every second of it! And the temperatures have been perfect the last couple of months, I'm used to Utah where falls tends to last about a week (although I truly miss my Aspens/mountains). Brody and I are planning to go to the national arboruem on Saturday and I promise to take lots of pictures.

I may have gone through all of my old pictures and albums on facebook the other night. It was pretty embarassing and entertaining. First of all I can't believe I've been on there since 2005... and second of all, I can't believe how tan I used to be (or the inordinate amount of graphic tees I used to own). It was so fun to look through those pictures though and reminisce about how much fun I use to have with my roommates, whether that was impromptu Annie Lennox dance-parties in the dorms, skipping class to go to Cafe Rio and lay out in the park, or ladies nights in Salt Lake. We really had it made...

I am getting super tempted to start listening to Christmas music, but just knowing that FM100 is playing it back home makes me happy.

I loved my extra hour of sleep over the weekend, but I'm really not a fan of getting off work at 6:00 and it's totally dark outside. Nope, that just won't do.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

linds, you are hilarious. remember how we loved hollister and ae? and i agree about the airlines.

Ali said...

Omgosh, Lindsey, I swear we are the same person sometimes. Brian and I joke all the time about people who love Olive Garden! And, what is with the quotes on pinterest?! I've never been a quote person in the first place, but I mean c'mon. I feel like they replaced the Keep Calm And.. quotes, which I'm grateful for, but I'm over it. haha