11.26.2011

Gallery Re-Do


I was walking through the neighborhood a while back and stumbled onto a sidewalk sale at the lovely Second Story Books just up the street. They were selling all kind of wonderful vintage prints, sketches, etc. for 3$ each or 6 for $15, so naturally I rummaged through the masses and snatched up my favorite six and have been re-framing and switching things around in our gallery wall above the couch.

I really wanted a new original painting in there too, which gave me the itch to just do my own. So using some pinterest inspiration from the photo/palette below, I set to work using oils and a piece of cardboard that came with this old frame, which I spray-painted gold.




Once I had everything in their new frames, I did a little pre-arranging on the floor to find the right arrangement and then took a picture to use as a key when putting them on the wall.

I'll have to take some photos of it all on the wall when I'm actually home when there is some natural light....but the new additions are the gorgeous sketch of the Madonna profile, the peaches, the vase of roses, the Thomas Jefferson print on the right, the vintage print of the bridge at the bottom, and an old world map that isn't in the picture. Yay for sidewalk sales!

3 comments:

Adrien said...

This looks great! And that's a beautiful painting :)

Also I can't believe you haven't been back to Cafe Rio since July. I would die.

Ali said...

So fun! I love how yours turned out -- I'm so impressed! And what a smart idea to place all your art on the floor and take a picture before hanging!

Kat said...

I totally did a double take on the painting, thought it was the original at first- super job ho. I love all the fun places you are discovering, makes me want to find hidden gems here in utah...don't know what great places there are, but I'm determined to find at least one!